FoamCoat is a non-toxic, water-based coating for a wide variety of surfaces such as foams (styrofoam, polystyrene foam, …), wood, fiberglass, papier mâché and many more! The coating can even be used on 3D prints as a primer and filler to fill all the layer lines. It provides a hard, durable finish that resists chipping and cracking, yet can be sanded smooth or carved to add detailing. Foamcoat can also be used as a texturing agent.
- Stir well before use! Due to the weight of the solids in FoamCoat settling may occur.
- FoamCoat may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating.
- Apply by brush, roller, or hopper spray gun depending on the desired finish. The thickness of the coating is determined by the application. When coating over fine details, use successive thin coats to build up a protective layer without obscuring the details.
- For an extra smooth finish without sanding, smooth the coated surface with a wet sponge or finger before the FoamCoat has set completely.
- Do not use Foamcoat when surface or air temperatures are below 10°C (50°F).
Dry Time: Varies with thickness of coating. Approximately 2-8 hours. Allow 24 hours to be completely safe before sanding for example.
Storage: Keep from freezing.